[Shotimes] Fuel Pump?

Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW) hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:09:51 -0400

Actually, I would think that if you used a dremel with a cutoff wheel
that'd be fine as there's no way in heck you could cut deep enough with
a dremel to sever anything. As long as your fuel tank is still sealed up
(there are much larger problems if it isn't) you should be fine. I know
I... uh, enlarged my rear speaker holes with one and it took bloody
forever cos the steel is fairly thick back there but I can't imagine the
back seat would be that hard to cut through. It's a thought, anyway.

    V/R

    AT2(AW)Jason Hartberger
    USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71
    AIMD/IM-3/SHOP 8
    CASS Tech/2M Tech

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 11:28 AM
To: cmichaelo@optonline.net; Zach Leahy
Cc: van Oss; George ask me; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Fuel Pump?

An empty tank is full of fuel vapor. I'm not sure if
that's any safer.

I only think that it's fair to mention that there is
the alternative "cutting an access door in the floor".
I personally feel that it's much safer and easier if
done correctly.

http://riptide.servehttp.com/~ianf/FP/FP.html

Corey used a skilsaw (sawzall) which I think is a good
way to kill yourself. I should change the directions
and remove all mention of powertools. I use tin snips
and it worked beautifully (After using a power drill
for pilot holes in the corners of the cutaway) ;)

Ian