[Shotimes] ruh roh. SHO bit teh dust

Jason Hartberger jhartberger@mail.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:17:44 -0400

just changed the filter! lol... but yeah, the pump may be going, but
it's not making any different noises than it used to...

And, actually, I've finally figured it out. After cleaning the IAB and
resetting the idle 4 times and reseating the LPM a bunch of times and
stuff, I think what happened is that when I sprayed that stupid battery
anti-rust crap on the battery terminals, it got on the belt and made
parts of it really slippery, cos that stuff was really slippy. So the
engine would stumble whenever the belt grabbed and placed all that
additional load. What mostly gave it away was that it got a lot worse
when I turned the AC on and the clutch turned on. I've never had any
problems with the clutch and it seems highly unlikely that it would
start binding up now, so I guess I need a new belt. Well, that whole "I
have 79 cents 'til friday" thing kicks in, so I guess I deal with a
stumbly engine 'til then. I was gonna get some belt dressing but some
goombah at AAP told me it makes belts hop off of pulleys... and, well,
any excuse to not have to spend $2, I guess. Whatever. So yeah, crisis
averted........ for now.

Jason