[Shotimes] New EATC Buttons????

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:29:55 -0700

Hey all...

Anyone who knows email addresses for the various Taurus clubs, could they pass this
along....??

Most of you don't know this...a few do.  Eva (the "BOSS") has a new job as the West
Coast Marketing Manager for a company in China that makes LOTS of plastic and rubber
parts for the worldwide computer and telephone industry.  It also makes lots of new
plastic and rubber parts for the assembly lines of BMW and Mercedes in Europe.

The company, WIN Industry Co., LTD, has decided it wants to get into the automotive
industry in the US.  They have started on the East Coast, and want to move into our
area out here on the left coast.  They can make plastic or rubber parts as good as
anything one can get, for the applications they have decided to cover.  They don't
make too many aftermarket parts yet, or many parts for older cars.

The management is/are very, VERY good friends with Eva....they grew up
together...and she and I are starting to set up ads for them at the SEMA show in Las
Vegas this fall.  They may take a while to get going, but when they do, they'll make
good parts for whatever cars they decide to cover.....I'm trying to get them to make
speedometer cables for Tauri and SHOs.

For now, they want to start with something relatively easy, so I suggested new
(stronger) EATC buttons, and Eva says that is the perfect thing for the company to
start with.  I'm going to send them a complete EATC unit, from a Gen 1 SHO/Taurus,
and they will give Eva a proposal on new function buttons, as well as the 5 buttons
in the top of the faceplate.  Just the buttons will be new, but they will make the
new ones so that they can be easily inserted and fastened into the faceplate after
the old ones come out.

Who would like a new set of buttons, for a reasonable price?  Maybe $30 or $40 a set
for all of them?  I have no idea (whatsoever) how much they would cost, but they'd
be a loss leader for the company, to get into the market.  It might take a few
months or so to get going, but I for one will take a couple of sets for posterity.

Let me know.

George