[Shotimes] MTX Shifting Prolem

Bob bob@hotpursuit.net
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:44:21 -0700

I'm still looking through the documentation I got with the car.  It has a
rebuilt MT, fibertuff clutch disc, unknown pressure plate, rod shifter.  The
rebuild was in sept 2002, but there doesn't appear to be any mileage info.
It appears to have the stock-style adjustable clutch quadrant, but there's a
receipt that appears to be for a replacement quadrant.  Is it possible that
the clutch cable needs to be adjusted?  Sometimes it shifts fine, but lately
it seems to be getting harder and harder to shift and I don't want to damage
the MTX.  The other thing is a very loud vibration/buzzing above the clutch
pedal under the dash.  That just started about the same time.  I don't see
any obvious cause of it.

	-- Bob