[Shotimes] RE: MTX Shifting Prolem

bjshov8@comcast.net bjshov8@comcast.net
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:31:29 +0000

My dealer replaced my original cluth under recall barely before 50k.  My replacement clutch lasted about another 80k miles, in the city traffic I'm in.  When I replaced it I found that about 1/4 of the fingers had their tips worn off, the others were getting thin.

I'm not sure how I feel about a car needing a new clutch every 80k miles considering the amount of work that goes into a clutch replacement, but OTOH nowadays it is hard to get an automatic that is any better.  So replacing a clutch sounds cheap compared to replacing an automatic.  In the old days it was different- good automatics rarely failed, and clutches could be replaced in under an hour.