[Shotimes] Speed Upgrades

Anthony Clerkin Anthony@rockford.younglife.org
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:24:26 -0500

I agree with Van but...

A supercharger ($7,500 from FPS) is your best whoop mod.  If you can't
afford that, a sct chip ($400 from FPS) and a zex N2O kit ($400 on ebay) is
a combo with some fun whoop to it.  I run a 100 shot thanks to my ignition
retard toggle switch.

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of van Oss
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 7:33 AM
To: George ask me; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Speed Upgrades

If you want to win stoplight drags, you bought the wrong car.  With front
drive, open diff, and a small-displacement, OHC motor --- and remember it's
all 20-year old technology --- there are lots of cars that can "whoop" the
SHO at launch.  The SHO is best at high-speed stuff like road touring and
track days.  As I see it you have two options:

- Sell your SHO and buy a drag platform

- Keep your SHO, put down your "whoop," forget stoplight drags (unsafe
anyway), and play to your car's strengths.  Focus on tires, brakes, and
handling mods to make your SHO really handle the power it's already got.

We've had fun making drag events parts of the SHO conventions.  But the fun
is pitting SHOs against each other.  If we were out there running against
many of the performance cars that have come out on the last 10 years of
horsepower wars, it would be no fun. Sorry.  Just ask anybody who was at
Indy and had his timeslip handed to him by The Ronald in his Subie wagon.

VO