[Shotimes] Time for suspension work - Springs?

Jack Dalzotto dalzotto@mosaiccomputers.com
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:14:23 -0400

Hi All, I'm in need of some advise as far as springs go.  The 95 ATX has a
broken front spring that needs to be repaired fairly soon.  I noticed it a
few months ago when I did my 96 brake upgrade, I noticed today the broken
part is getting pretty close to the top of the tire.

I've looked around and don't see many options as far as factory replacement
springs.  The dealership SHOws them discontinued, and I think where I do
find them available on the internet they're SLO springs sold for SHO use
(not sure though...).  I also read about using Moog cargo coils, something
about having to cut a coil off the front because it rides too high stock.

What are good replacement springs for a gen 2 SHO?  I'm not against using
the Moogs but I'd like to hear some success stories before I start hacking
coils off them!  I'm not looking to lower the car, I'd rather keep the stock
ride height, though I wouldn't mind them being firmer if it helped in the
handling department.

The rears are in need of work too, they're sagging pretty bad.

I was planning on replacing the control arms up front as well as strut rod
bushings.  Is there anything else I should look at while I'm in there?  Tie
rods seem fine.  Car has 105k.

Looking forward to replies, thanks!!

Jack
95 SHO 105k