[Shotimes] cylinder test

Jason Hartberger jhartberger@mail.com
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:01:29 -0400

After the KOER test, the shotimes website says for me to goose the
throttle (WOT is necessary) and then the computer's supposed to go into
the cylinder balance test. After I get the codes from the KOER test I
goose the throttle, and.... nothing. The check engine light comes on and
stays on while I have the throttle in, but no amount of goosing or
cajoling will get it to go into the balance test.

Oh, and BTW, I finally got the new fuel pump in. The engine still
stumbles. *siiiiiiiigh* so that means it's spark plug wires, which I was
really really hoping wasn't the case, cos they aren't cheap either to
buy nor easy to replace. Are there any easy ways to figure out which
wire's stumbling? (at least I'm assuming it's the wires instead of like
a dead cylinder, which I don't even want to think about right now)
Thanks for all y'all's help so far!

--
Jason Hartberger, AT2(AW) USN
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71