[Shotimes] concept that was supposed to get the Yamaha V6?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:03:37 -0700 (PDT)

GN34

I just did some google searches; the most intersting
info is here:

http://carmemories.com/lists/shelbymustang/msg09601.html

and more:

Two weeks after the Ford GT concept was unveiled at
the 2002 North American International Auto Show, Bill
Ford asked Neil Ressler to consult on the feasibility
study to turn the concept into reality. Ressler - then
in semi-retirement - was ideal for the task, as he was
involved with two previous mid-engine programs: In the
mid-1980s, Ressler worked on a Ferrari 308 competitor,
code-named GN34; in the '90s, Ressler spearheaded the
Petunia project, another two-seat, mid-engine sports
car that evolved into the Ford GT concept car.

and another:

  Richards quest for achieving quality and finding
ways to save money for corporations has been a
lifelong passion.  His early career was spent at
General Motors for nine years where he gained hands on
assembly line experience.  His subsequent 26 year
career at Ford Motor Company led him from process
engineering to supplier quality assurance/systems
management for cars and trucks to product planning.
One of his most significant contributions was the key
role he played as Product Planning Manger in the
development of the 1986 Taurus.  The building of the
core team, his ability to foster teamwork and
appreciate the strength that diversity brings is one
of Richards greatest talents.
      Richard lived out his life long dream while at
Ford during the mid-80s.  He was part of the team
that developed a flagship model sports vehicle code
named, GN34.  The project was put on hold due to
changes in currency and economic changes in the U.S.
However, after 20 years of waiting, he can see his
dream come to life in the new GT40.