[Shotimes] cylinder test

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:21:52 -0500

No, he is talking about the cylinder balance test. Basically, after the KOER
test is complete, you goose it again like for the goose test and then it
turns off one injector at a time and monitors the RPM drop. If it doesn't
drop enough, it marks that cylinder as 'weak'.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Chris Locker
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 9:09 AM
To: SHOtimes
Cc: jhartberger@mail.com; Jon Heese
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] cylinder test

The "goose" test is where you floor the pedal just for a second during part
of the test.  This tests the knock sensor to see if it is returning a
signal.  At the end of the KOER test, any new codes along with the stored
codes will be displayed twice.  After the last code is displayed, just touch

and release the throttle slightly and the cylinder balance test should
kick-in.  You will see the rpm's jump up to 2000 and hold there, then after
a short time, each cylinder's injector will be cut out, then cut back in one

at a time.  You should be able to see and feel the missing cylinder when it
cuts the injector out.  The cylinder balance test can only be run one time
for each KOER test sequence.  If you need to run the cylinder balance test
again, the whole KOER test must be restarted.

Chris Locker
Red '98