[Shotimes] Re: (OT) '06 Evo IX

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:35:37 -0400

Sounds like someone put in a manual boost control.....and went a bit
overboard!!

Anyway, in some discussions on the Subaru boards.....as well as the 911
list, since Todd Serota (TracQuest guy) has his modified GT2 up for sale,
and is getting an Evo that will be modified to 400+ HP, both cars can be
modded to over 500 HP to the wheels without cracking into the block, and
STIs can be modded to up to 450 at the wheels and be street-driven daily.

From: mark Nunnally [mailto:marknunnally@joimail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:59 AM
To: Dave Kegel; TechSHO@topica.com; 'Shotimes'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Re: (OT) '06 Evo IX

Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
http://click.topica.com/caadOuob1dhxAb7QApSa/911PaydayAdvance

The last time trial I did in NY at Limerock had a couple of buddies pitting
an STI and a new EVO against each other, both basically stock.  Don't know
anything about the driver abilities, but both looked to be getting around
ok.  Both cars ran 1:06.3 or so  in final time sheets, it was almost a dead
tie.  (don't ask me why EMRA had them in different classes, if there were
ever 2 almost equal cars built it would be them!)

In a straight line off the line though, the STi seems to be faster (I had
fun poking around in Justins coming back from CA last summer, I'd like to
put a set of race tires on one and do a track day)

Last track event at Road Atlanta some guy had a modified STi, don't have a
clue what he did to it or how much hp he was running, but it was in the pits
after 2 laps, belching white smoke from the exhaust and stinking up the pits
with a headgasket failure coolant smell.

mark