[Shotimes] OT: Ebay discount coupons

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:52:59 -0600

Man,  Just realized I got my reply on Solo I and Solo II all fubared!

I will try again:

Solo II.  The typical parking lot event but can be run on race tracks if
cones keep speeds down.  Solo II is where you aren't supposed to go over
60 mph or so.  One car at a time, timed, more than one car can be on the
track, but they are never supposed to get close together.

SoloI is the higher speed version, usually run on race tracks, again one
car at a time, run against time, not supposed to be near each other if
you run more than one car on the track.  Speeds can be much higher.

I meant to say they run Solo I (0ne, the faster version) events at
Blackhawk Farms.  Not sure if they do any Solo II (two, slower) events
there.

I got my soloI and soloII mixed up in my note below.  Sorry.

I hope SATCAR has a few events next year, I already sent in my
membership and license fees.  IT will give you a little of the feel of
an SCCA style race without as much danger or cost (can run factory seat
belts, no fire suit etc, basically track day rules).  Cost is higher
than a track day, but not a lot at this point.

I am looking into being an "event partner" with SATCAR where I will
promote and sponsor events at one or more tracks.  Right now their costs
are such that I won't be doing that, but I will run in some events if
they have them, and may promote an event or two if costs are made more
reasonable.

web site:

http://www.satcarracing.com/

Don Mallinson