[Shotimes] Tire Recomendations

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:52:23 -0600

Alan

I'm on my second set of Nittos.  A very good highway and rain tire that can
also tolerate cold winter driving if needed.  They also wear evenly and will
last at least 30k.  The original set I had were 225/50s and this set is 225/55
(OEM size on the GEN 3).  I will probably buy another set but go back to the
225/50 when the ones I have wear out.

I don't know about matching them up to the SZs but the tread is very similar.

Paul

On 12/18/2005 10:38:12 AM, awfanning@earthlink.net wrote:
> Paul,
>
> A little more searching on tires has led me to a post of yours on v8SHO.
> com
> regarding the Bitto 450's and Firestone SZ50's. As it turns out, I have
> 2
> very good SZ50's (not EP's) that lost their mates last Christmas when I
> borrowed them from my
> '91 SHO to drive to LA with (unbeknownst to me) a bad
> rear alignment.
>
> Would you think the Nitto's
> would match up OK for my application with the
> SZ50's? Or recommend anything else?  We had terrible results driving back
> from LA last year in the rain, but I think it was mostly because the rear
> tires were basically worn out from the bad alignment when we got back to
San