[Shotimes] Re: (OT) How to avoid the pitfalls of pricing

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:56:08 -0500

Dave, you may have seen it, but I have "definitely" seen it (and have done
it myself).

When times get tough, the best people leave first. The deadwood will stay.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Dave Kegel
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 12:23 PM
To: 'Shotimes'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Re: (OT) How to avoid the pitfalls of pricing

Right.  To some extent, I agree.  Get rid of the dead wood.  Those that
prove their value, keep.  And give them a raise every year.

If you don't at least try to do the annual review and raise_as_an_incentive
thing, no one will feel they need to work harder than the next guy. And
others will leave.

I guess really it depends on the company, and perhaps the industry.  These
days, it could be said that some people will try and prove themselves just
to keep their job, as opposed to trying to get a raise.

Of course, none of this applies to the UAW.  :)

Dave