[Shotimes] alloy wheel needs rim fixed - where?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:52:22 -0800 (PST)

My ASA IS6's are disco. I supposedly got one of the
last sets in the country from tirerack when I bought
them over 2 years ago..I could try to find them for a
different car and redrill the lug pattern if need be..

Ian

--- cmichaelo@optonline.net wrote:

---------------------------------

I used the Wheel Collision Center  5 years ago (see
link in James post).  They are located in Bath, PA.

It cost me $200 + shipping to have the wheel
straightened out.

They are very professional and they did a great job.

They charge according to how badly the rim is bent and
twisted.

Obviously, you can tell how badly your rim is bent.
However, you usually can't tell how badly your rim is
twisted.

And therein lies the problem of getting an accurate
estimate over the phone.

It turned out my rim was twisted (or so they said),
and that's why the cost was so high.  Had it only been
a matter of straightening the bend, it wouldn't have
cost more than $100 + shipping.

I ended up paying more than a brand new rim would have
cost me.  But the TSW Hocks were sold out and
discontinued at that time.  So I was stuck.

If your rim is less than $200 and you can buy a new
rim, I would probably opt for the new rim.

FWIW.

Michael
94MTX,green,BOS+,Koni/Intrax,Baer,Corbeau
SHO items for sale:
http://hometown.aol.com/cmichaelo/for_sale.html