[Shotimes] Demise of my White '93 MTX

Jim & Debbie Leyden jndleyden@comcast.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:38:53 -0500

Well Folks,

It looks like it might be the end of the road for my 93 Oxford White MTX.
I was rear ended on I75/85 in Atlanta yesterday morning in a multiple car
collision.  The traffic in front of me came to a rather sudden stop.  I was
able to stop easily in time and leave about five feet between me and the car
in front of me.  The F-150 behind me wasnt paying attention and locked them
up sliding into the back of my SHO.  Since he came to an abrupt stop, the
person behind him never had a chance and plowed right into him, causing the
F-150 to hit me again.  The only bright side to the entire ordeal is that my
direct boss (VP of Operations) was about four cars back and saw the whole
thing.  He managed to avoid hitting anything or getting hit by dodging into
the HOV lane.

There isnt really that much damage done to it but Im positive the
insurance company is going to total it out.  Id like to purchase it back
from them and repair it since the only true structural damage was where the
bumper reinforcement ceased the back wall of the trunk.  This is pushing the
rear valance panel in about >.  Other than that, two taillights, two new
rear bumper shocks, a new bumper skin and reinforcement, replace the exhaust
(one side is pushed in) and it will be good to go.

I, on the other hand, didnt seem to fare quite as well.  Yesterday I went
to the ER to get checked out since my neck was stiff.  For some reason the
ER was slammed with accident victims yesterday to the point that they were
treating patients in the hall.  They told me that they would have admitted
me for observation but there was no place to put me!  So, they gave me some
pain killers, and muscle relaxants and sent me home.  I just returned from
the Drs office where I was told that I had strained my neck and back and I
will be out of work until at least next Tuesday.

Jim

93 Red MTX

95 White MTX

93 White MTX sitting in FPSs yard awaiting disposition.