[Shotimes] Re: Shotimes digest, Vol 1 #4300 - 3 msgs

loren loren@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:13:26 -0600

Hi Richard,

I had something similar happen to me recently, after an extremely hard
rain.  Front passenger floor was soaked (1/2" of standing water), and then
few days later passenger back floor also became wet.  I think it might be
capillary action through the carpet or perhaps seatbelt moving the water
from front to back, and I believe my leak was through the front.  I
vacuumed the water and rinsed with new fresh water and revacuumed, and did
not get mold or odor.

For a solution, I resealed around the lower glass of the front windshield
using black silicon sealer, and this seemed to work.  The old sealer was
somewhat dried and cracked and there were a few pieces missing, so I think
this might have been my source of leak.

mine is a '90 MTX.

Lorenzo