[Shotimes] Cleaning carpets

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 09:29:14 -0600

In my car care business, I recommend a spray on carpet
cleaner only, not water and soap like a lot of places.
Water and soap just helps start mold/mildew along with rust
and can cause lots of other problems including driving any
bad smells even deeper into the carpet/pad.

I sell a great all-purpose cleaner that I recommend for
carpets, made by Wurth.  Called Super Spray all, it is great
for stains (spray to soak and work in with a cloth or soft
brush, than blot out the stain) and for overall, just spray
a light mist over the entire carpet (one area at a time) and
work in with a cloth or your fingertips. (AFTER using a Vac
first of course).  Then lightly blot or rub dry with a clean
dry towel.  Old bath towels work great for this.

To order my stuff:

http://www.dccarcare.com

But before I started my business, I used a product called
Blue Coral Dri-Clean  (spelling theirs).  A carpet cleaner
that was in a trigger spray bottle that came out as a mild
foam.  Worked about the same, but the Wurth is a better
cleaner, and the smell goes away quicker.  I can't find the
trigger spray version of Dri-Clean on-line, maybe it was
replaced with the pressure spray version.  I used to get
this at K-Mart.

But the key is to find a carpet cleaner spray you like and
use ONLY that and not any soapy water solution.

Don Mallinson