[Shotimes] Other Convention news

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 01 Jul 2005 07:28:49 -0500

As time grows short, we have new stuff that pops up all the time.

We had recommended a registration deadline of July 30, but as usual, we
will accept registrations after that date.  If you procrastinated, go
ahead and FAX or mail your form ASAP.  Walk-up's will be accepted, but
this slows things down at the registration desk.  So call if you have
special circumstances we need to talk about.  All info is on the club
web site at this address:

http://shoclub.com/SHOconventions/14/conv14.html

We have been offered discount rates at the opening week of a musical
production by a New York troupe that moved to Indy.  Check it out at the
main web page, under other things to do.

The Rockville Covered Bridge festival is a short drive from Indy, it
happens in the fall.  But all those wonderful old covered bridges are
there year round and there are four distinct routes you can take and
enjoy and see wonderful Indiana scenery, shop in small villages with
charm and drive through many of these unique structures.  Well worth
doing for a day trip, or half a day.

We hoped to do another drive on the "500" track, but NASCAR has it tied
up all week, with no chance of getting on the track.  But the museum is
open and well worth the trip, and you can maybe wander around and see
some NASCAR testing.

Everyone will get the latest Indy promotional magazine or you can call
ahead to the CVB at:

http://www.indy.org/

Don and Jan Mallinson
SHO Club