[Shotimes] RE: Forward info on SHO for sale, mechanics special

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:41:53 -0500

OK... maybe not nuts, maybe seeing the world with rose colored glasses.

I agree they should get an offer from the insurance company 1st, use the
$5000 of receipts as leverage to get it as high as possible, the insurance
company will definitely total it and might give them $3500, which is all it
would be worth in pristine condition.

As my 'brother' Ian said, it all depends on mileage, what the $5000 worth of
motor work involved (blower, turbocharger, Quaife).

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Mallinson [mailto:dmall@mwonline.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:35 AM
To: TechSHO@topica.com
Cc: 'jewell phillips'; 'SHOtimes'; 'v8sho'
Subject: Re: Forward info on SHO for sale, mechanics special

Paul,

Owner is not nuts, just had a recent wreck on a car they liked very
much.  I told the owner that $5000 of repair or even mods doesn't mean
the car is worth that in the end.  Much less for sure, even before the
wreck.

I also said if they had insurance that she would be much better off
getting a settlement from them than selling the car for parts/fix-up.  I
hope they explore that avenue.

I hope we don't pile on the owner for trying to get back some of the
money they spent, I am sure reality will click in with a gentle nudge
rather than a splash of cold water.  :)

Don Mallinson