[Shotimes] Looking to rejoin the ranks: Q on first gear power

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally <marknunnally@joimail.com>
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 12:56:31 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

>I believe that the 89 has a lighter throttle body
>spring than the 91. That's probably why you feel the
>difference.

They do.  And a lot of the cars have a TPS voltage at idle that's well under 1 volt, which is why you have to crank on the throttle a bit more before the EEC see's 1+ V.

I've got an 89 spring on my 92, when I swapped everything I put the TPS at .99 volt.  Was about .73 volt IIRC.  Doesn't make any more power (like don mentioned dynoing the 2 cars) but it helps with driveabilty and "feels" snappier buzzing around down.

mark