[Shotimes] RE: More ebay items -copycat

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:33:31 -0400

In the immortal words of Dennis Miller

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here...I have yet to see one patent
for any of the SHO items out there. NOT ONE. So go piss up a f'n tree Mr I
can't even use my real name cause I'm a chickenshit.

I could care less what Kirk thinks or does, I'm sure that if I start working
on gen3's more I'll be branded a copycat for that too. As for AL SFB's I was
provided with the plans when I asked, I never even needed to buy a set to
copy. I now have my machine shop make a cup bushing that is similar in
design to what Bryan was making, cept Bryan didn't come up with the idea for
a cup bushing, Josh did. So who's copying who there? Is it a crime to take
an unpatented item, make it better, then sell it at a lower cost? The cup
style bushing I'm making now (soley because I can have them made cheaper
than Bryan King and thereby keeps him out of the bushing game) has specific
front and rear busings, also has the counterbored hole so one can use the
recall washers properly, and best of all are always available, rather than
waiting for a group buy to materialize.

I wanted a set of TCE knuckle braces, I have contacts at a machine shop, I
gave them a strut, knuckle and some sawed off control arms, and a picture of
what the TCE braces look like installed. I laid out moneys for materials,
taps, and had a bar of them made up. I get mine for free, and cover all the
associated costs for the production of a run of them. 4 sets are going to
friends and I should have 4-5 spare sets to sell. Are the 4-5 sales of
knuckle braces going to put TCE out of business? I think not.

I guess that if I rebuild MTX trannys I'm copying Beth, and that shouldn't
be allowed. Or as I'm about to learn how to rebuild the AX4S and Ax4N SHO
trannys I guess I'll be copying Doug again.

I'm sure Kirk really cared when he went and made up  4 or 5 lightened stock
Flywheels and sold them. Who out there pioneered that? What sucks even more
that if done right, which it looks like kirk did, it's a great idea, and I
had been collecting stock flywheels for that purpose. Course I think it was
Kenny Bonnefin on the SHOforum did that to his stock FW 2 years ago, so was
Kirk copying him? I'm sure I'll catch hell when I get mine back from the
machine shop for copying Kirk the all knowing SHO innovator.

You know I could go on and on, what about all the ppl making BBB's, or the
y-pipes that all look a lot like a PP one, but are constructed a little
differently, how bout all the people out there offering the same brake
upgrades with PBR calipers god forbid someone tell an individual how they
can do it themselves for less than $380 by going to www.stangstore.com and
getting loaded calipers and buying the 13in rotors and having the local Napa
drill some new holes for $25. Oops I did it, I just caused one of the brake
vendors not to be able to feed their familys tonight.

You don't like that I make a product that is similar to what someone else is
done, well that's good for you, SHUT THE FUCK UP and don't buy it. It's
really quite simple.

"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

To everyone else, I'm sorry about the rant.

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX - SOLD
*	93 Black ATX - New Parts CAR
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO -Buyer waiting
*	96 TR - Cam Failed parts car :-(