[Shotimes] Re: Semi (OT) Another A/S Tire Test

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:29:49 -0400

Here's the original link:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Ne
ova+AD07

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:21 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: Semi (OT) Another A/S Tire Test

"Yokohama's care instructions specify that due to its compound
characteristics, ADVAN Neova must be used and stored at temperatures above
-100  Celsius
(140 Fahrenheit) to maintain its performance and avoid tire  damage."

Since this info came from another source and wasn't written  by one of us, I

guess I can question it without riling anyone.  But  Huh???  "-100 Celsius"
is
nowhere near +140 F.  It's more like  -148 F, and if they meant "+100
Celsius" that's +212 F, the boiling point  of plain H20.   So neither of the
possible
Celsius numbers could be  correct.

And even if we give up on the Celsius stuff and stick  with a +140 F
storage/use temperature is correct, at +140 F, I'd still have to  pass
because I don't
have a sauna and my oven isn't big enough  ;-)

Something must've gotten lost in Yokohama's translation,  methinks.

Cheers
Mark LaBarre
94 atx 130k