[Shotimes] Possible project car? / Rear Wheel Drive

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:51:09 -0400

Lay off the any more beer this afternoon!!

Let's see....you now have a RWD Taurus with a Mustang drivetrain that (1)
weighs more than a Mustang, and (2) will be slower. You have also spent
$15-20K (assuming you did all of your own work) on a car that is worth maybe
$2-3K.

And, it's definitely no longer a SHO. I had this wild idea about 10 years
ago using a SHO motor, but I came to my senses!!

Want a nice RWD manual-tranny performance car? By a used G35 or 3--5-series
BMW!!

The Gen 1-2 body was a very nice platform....in it's day.

IMHO the BEST way to mod a SHO, which I have been telling people for a
number of years, and John Hrinsin actually spent big $$$ to do, is a
slightly bigger SHO V6 with higher compression and other efficiency mods,
and leave it n/a. You can get 300+ HP, and still have a SHO that has
retained it's "SHO-ness".