[Shotimes] codes 93 ATX

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:02:47 -0500

John:
 The 176 code is for the front O2 sensor, always lean. 177 is also for the
front O2 sensor, always rich.
I like to change them in pairs but the ATX is tough to change the back one.
So I would just change the front for now because it's so much easier!!
 76 is not a valid code for a 1993 model.
 I also like to reset the computer and make the error code come up again.
Just to make sure that is the problem. Disconnect your battery for about 10
minutes and reconnect.
 You also can retrieve the codes with a piece of wire. Or go to AutoZone and
they can pull them for free.
.
.

> Gentleman, I had my mechanics pull codes on my 93 ATX since I was getting
an
> occasional Check Engine light.  After reading the site here, I guessed O2
> sensor, and the 176 code did come up.  There was also a 76 code, and since
it is
> not a 3 digit code I was not sure what this was,  thought it might have
meant
> 176, also for O2 sensor, but was hoping someone could shed some light on
this.
>  Also, should I change the sensor 1 at a time, starting with the easier
one,
> or does the 177 tell us which O2 sensor is likely bad, front vs. rear.
Thanks