[Shotimes] Tire Width

Beisler Jonathon Jonathon.Beisler@HCAhealthcare.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:22:43 -0400

Hey all,
For once I'm not asking about a problem.  This is probably a matter of opinion
more than anything, but I'll ask anyway.  Do you all think that I will see any
difference in going back to the stock with of 215/60 after having 225/55?
Other than the look of course.  By difference, I mean handling, etc. assuming
tread, temp and speed ratings remain the same.  My tires have worn prematurely
and I'm going to get like 33% off my next set, plus a freebie because it
bubbled even with the tread indicators showing (God I love Discount Tire) and
I'm contemplating going back to OEM size because I've thought the 225s have a
sagging look to them on the stock rim.  I'm also thinking about new, bigger
rims but the AWA is not amused by that right now.  Any thoughts, experience?
Thanks,
JB