[Shotimes] OT: CTS-V as a replacement for the SHO

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:36:14 -0400

Well, there are others cars for less (like the Volvo S60R....with AWD to
boot....) for a bunch less money and similar performance, and there are
other cars for similar money that I would rather have. For a few grand ore
you can have an M3 that blows it away.

Granted, GM discounts everything, which is why they are looking to drop MSRP
prices across the board, as they get fewer hits on Internet buying sites
than other cars.

Disclaimer: I still think the CTS is ugly and a near-cousin to the Aztek.
The rear 3/4 view is awful, worse than the front end IMNSHO.

After years of being a car nut, m mid churns the data o any car, and I just
get a feel for "would I buy it, or not?". The CTS-V and GTO are in the NOT
category, regardless f the specs and tests.

BTW, I caught a bit of the end of a show last nigh, with a new 400 HP GTO
against a 300 HP Mustang GT. The GTO won by not even two car lengths. They
said it was "still the champ" or words to that effect, but that was pretty
lame for carrying 100 more HP (33% more). An '05 GTO was at Lapeer back in
may, turning 14.40s.....

Ron Porter