[Shotimes] Car Buying ?s - Long

Scott Krietemeyer Scott Krietemeyer <ven0msho@gmail.com>
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:50:56 -0400

If you want a daily driver that is a blast to drive then sure, the Gen I or
II MTX may be the way to go. If you are looking for a good daily driver that
runs fairly well, is very comfy, and very safe in a crash then I'd get the
Gen III.
 Oh and it has an exhaust note and brakes that make a Gen I / II seem
very... unrefined....
 I would not be afraid of a welded maintained 170K mile Gen III.... nothing
major short of the cams seems to be consuming the engines. There have been a
few with rod bearings replaced but they are much less of a potential problem
than rod bearings on the VS SHO's. noleaking water pumps, no leaking plug
wells. Only common nuisance item onthe G3 is the coils and the A/C clutch
all of which are cheap fixes (relativley).
 Scott