[Shotimes] SHO is making grinding noises

fwhittle@mindspring.com fwhittle@mindspring.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:13:49 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

It sounds for all the world like worn brake pads grinding on the rotors, but I just got done with the '96 brake upgrade (running stock slicers).  Replaced rotors, calipers, and pads.  The noise started out as a mild "resonating" metallic sound, like something wheel-related rubbing.  It progressed to a horrendous grinding noise, any time the car is in motion, with brake applied or not.  I have to admit, I didn't notice the grinding noise til after I replaced the brake parts (had to roll the windows down to hear it).  I'm sure the noise is coming from the front.  Could it be something other than the brakes (cv joints?)?  With the noise I'm hearing, I'd expect to see metal shavings all over the insides of the wheels, but everything looks good.

Thanks, in advance.

Frank Whittle
'95 ATX