[Shotimes] (OT) Selling the Sizzle

Mike Wojton Mike Wojton <mwojton@gmail.com>
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:20:48 -0400

First my disclaimer: I don't know anything about the Solstice; not
even what it looks like.

Now, what I think will happen is the "performance-car magazines" (said
with a smarmy Thurston Howell voice) will review the car like it is a
$50,000 two-seater convertible contender and find that it's not.
They'll find where GM has been "cutting corners that buyers will not
notice".  They won't play up the places where they have been
"carefully handling the details they will".  The press will deem the
car not worthy, and it will die out in a year or two.  I can't imagine
that car makers WANT to make a crappy car.  But when everything gets
compared to a Porshe this or a BMW that, it's got to be pretty
difficult to design a car that will appeal to the Average Joe and
still be "affordable".

--
Mike Wojton
Dover, PA