[Shotimes] Re: OT: Lincoln LS Manual Tranny Swap

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:40:55 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I couldn't find a V8 manual trans swap thread. I
did find a thread detailing a 5 speed swap into a V6
(to replace the automatic that was orginally
installed). I am/was following that with mild
interest. There are some VIII's running around with
Tremec 5 speeds. The next time I see a link to one,
I'll send it to you. If you go to that forum and just
look around the threads, you are bound to find at
least one or two listed in people's signatures with a
link to a website or cardomain page about their car.

By the way, Bill and I were on the phone the other
night trying to find mentions of LS V8 5 speeds. (we
have these really exciting phone conversations
sometimes ;-)  ) I think that 1 or 2 of the one lap of
america cars were 5 or 6 speeds. One may or may not
have been built by Kenny Belle? Sorta rings a bell.
Bill, do you remember?

Ian

--- Kevin & Cheryl Airth <clubairth@peoplepc.com>

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs