[Shotimes] OT: Lincoln LS Manual Tranny Swap

Mike Wojton Mike Wojton <mwojton@gmail.com>
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:06:16 -0400

According to the Lincoln LS Owners Club (www.llsoc.com), the 5-speed
trans was available on the V6 during the 2000-2002 model years.  They
don't say how many were produced.  According to their website, the V6
5-speed is nearly as fast as the V8.  I'd stick with the V8.

I was seriously considering getting one next year (a used one, I'm not
that well off) until I moved out here to PA.  They don't salt the
roads here, and do a crappy job of clearing all but the most heavily
travelled roads, so I think I'd avoid a rear wheel drive car.
Although, the LLSOC website does say that with the Traction Control,
winter driving shouldn't be a huge problem.  Supposedly the car was
designed with winter driving in mind, and was tested in Northern
Canada before it's release.  I may try to drive one on a crappy day
this winter and see how it does.

--
Mike Wojton
Dover, PA