[Shotimes] Crank key

Jim & Debbie Leyden jndleyden@comcast.net
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:50:46 -0400

Rich,

A light dusting of rust won't hurt thing.  Just clean it up and put it in.

I made my own out of Keystock I bought from Mc Master-Carr

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Rich Bruso
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:46 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Crank key

   Well, I finally found out why my crank pulley was such a bear to get off.
It appears that the P.O.'s mechanic beat the pulley until it stopped moving,
and somehow managed to make the key vaguely banana-shaped.
   When the key went bad on my previous '89 after Atlanta, I ordered two, so
I would have a spare.  Unfortunately, I can't find the spare, and I found
out over the weekend that my spare motor's water pump leaked, so the key on
that motor is covered in a light dusting of rust.
   So, I was wondering if anyone out there had a reliable source for the
key.  I've searched high and low, and the only way I can figure to reliably
find my spare is to spend money on another one.

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)
Sierra Vista, AZ