[Shotimes] Oil Filters and Remote Locations

Rich Bruso shoguy_89@cox.net
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:14:47 -0400

> Now, secondly, are there procedural write ups on doing a remote filter
> location install with what's needed, etc?

   I don't know if anyone has published a procedure, but I ended up with a dual setup that I mounted outside the frame below the facotry outer air box location and in front of the splash shield.  I had to trim the splash shield a bit, and I put some excess hose on the outside of the lines to keep from cutting through the lines.  I could take some pictures if you'd like.
   My setup is a basic spin-on adapter and two lines running to a one piece dual filter mount.
   I have seen other setups with a single filter on the inside of the frame rail and one with it on the firewall, but IMO I'd rather have the filters out in the open and NOT blocking access to other parts.  Where they are on my car make oil changes a snap, and, in theory, two filters in parallel should flow more oil volume before opening the bypass valves.

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)
Sierra Vista, AZ