[Shotimes] crank bolt ?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 06:43:35 -0700 (PDT)

Good point! There is actually a flywheel holding tool
used for this purpose. Of course its Rotunda tool #
AA-#$%&#23461236 or equivalent. ;)

I tried using a screw driver which didn't work. You
can use the bellhousing bolt holes to insert something
that will catch on the flywheel teeth. You can also
try a wrench on the flywheel bolts. IIRC, this was
only sucessful in loosening the flywheel bolts and not
much else. When I disassembled the 3.2, I think that's
what we did to remove the flexplate but it never
worked for removing the crank pulley. Perhaps someone
with better tools and more time can figure something
else out though. Keep us posted JVO.

Ian