[Shotimes] LEDs and lamp out

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:19:42 -0500

They don't want the new M5 because for a while, BMW said no stick. They just
reversed themselves and said they would offer a 6 speed for the US market
only.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:11 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] LEDs and lamp out

Ron,

Some designs are just weird, and will never really look right.  The
Bangle Butt is one.  Kind of like the bustle trunk Caddy's of the
...what...70's?  And those cars actually sold pretty well to the
intended market.

Imagine if the current crop of Dame Edna/bangle butt BMW's had the great
classic looks of the previous many generations, except updated.  The
current (pre Bangle) M5 is selling out fast because original owners of
those types of cars don't want the new style.  It isn't just me, and it
isn't just 2nd and 3rd owners complaining.  If the new styles are
selling well, it is on the strength of reputation and quite possibly
some new owners (different demographic) that the wierd styling is
attracting, but the typical BMW new car buyer is turned off.  Probably
not enough to not buy if it is time to trade, they are a pretty loyal
bunch.  But you can take it to the bank that they would be selling
better if Chris Bangle had gone to work for someone else.

Don Mallinson

Ron Porter wrote:

>Around here, it's lease/company cars that hit the market through auctions.
>The Detroit car market (for GM-Ford-Chrysler vehicles) is different than
>anywhere else. For example, Dodge Chargers were all over the place since
>April, when supposedly they weren't available until June.
>
>>From what I've seen, BMWCCA is like PCA. Primary owners are used-car
owners
>who are enthusiasts. PCA owners have very strong likes/dislikes about new
>Porsche vehicles, also. To a point, it's irrelevant, and new-car sales tell
>the tail (for BMW, Porsche, or anyone else). For as much as PCA folks hated
>the Cayenne, they are now looking at used ones for track-car tow vehicles.
>
>It will be the same with the newer BMWs with BMWCCA members. The new Bangle
>BMWs have been selling very well...and that's all that really matters to
BMW
>(and every other car mfr out there). BMWCCA members and car mag testers
have
>been vocal in their dislike, but new-car-sales have not mirrored their
>bitches.
>
>IMNSHO, the new BMWs looked fine to me...they now look better with
age...and
>the previous models look dated.
>
>FWIW, as a former GM employee who also knows current GM
employees....nothing