[Shotimes] Starter or Clutch Saftey Switch

Peter Maggiacomo gtsrider@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:49:28 -0800 (PST)

I just installed a rebuilt starter from Advanced Auto
less than a month ago. It's been spinning like a
motorcycle starter... nice and fast. Just left a
friends house last night and all was fine. Got in
it this morning and dead silence. First thought
brand new battery, put in at the same time, went.
But when checked, it's fine. Can a rebuilt starter
go that quick? Is it a defective solenoid? Or did the
clutch switch go? I could'nt check it today because
it's raining all day and I have to work on it outside.
Thanks.
-Pete