[Shotimes] OT: 2005 F1 Season

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:09:58 -0500

I dunno, the engines sound like Grand Prix bike engines. Actually, Grand
Prix motorcycle racing is pretty cool...as well as the Umbrella Girls that
come with it!

IMHO, the racers with the biggest cajones are the Grand Prix cycle racers.
Nothing like scraping your knee on the ground in a 100 mph curve!!

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Carl Prochilo
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 8:05 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] OT: 2005 F1 Season

Whatever.

Rule changes come and go.  No matter what the rule constraints are, there
is a lot of money there to exploit them.  One of the most amazing things
about that technology to me is the way they deal with weight.  As the
designers continue to find ways to lighten components, the weight
continues to be transferred to ballast to meet the regulations.  Lowering
the center of gravity will make the cars handle better.  And overall the
lap times are better than or equal to what they were last year.
--
Cheers,
Carl Prochilo