[Shotimes] Re: Clutch

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:39:20 -0500

Rear main is worth doing, the parts are cheap and it's a pain to get
in there later.  Josh T sells (or at least used to) a kit with all the
parts you will need including the clutch pp, tob, friction disc,
bushings, quill sleeve, and I think new flywheel dowels.  I've
installed a couple of them, they are complete and a great value.  You
can pay a bit extra and upgrade to the ceramic TOB if you want.  I
have not used one, but I installed the one on George's car.  (or at
least one of georges cars...)

The input seal you have to disassemble the trans to put in iirc.  It
is an internal seal and can't be changed from the outside.  I have
never changed one, and never had a problem with one.  Never heard of
one going out either, but not to say that it can't.