[Shotimes] what is this...?

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@peoplepc.com
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:39:19 -0600

Jason:
 This is very easily built for only a few dollars. All you do is add some
resistors inline (150 ohm and 330 ohm) and spice it in at the connector on
top of the transaxle. Run the wires into the passenger compartment and
figure out where you want to mount it. Uses 2 on/off switches so this gives
you 4 settings including stock with both switches set to the off position.
All it does is switch in and out various resistors so the PCM sees a
different amount of resistance and adjusts the line pressure accordingly. I
have the instructions if you would like to make one. Remember it only
increases the line pressure so it will make transmission shift hard,harder
and rock hard. Probably NOT the thing you want. The ATX problems are not
related to low line pressure at all anyway!
 Ben Bentley was the person who invented this I believe. He had one of the
first or maybe the first supercharged ATX SHO's.
.
.
Pretty high price for the one on Ebay($50-$70) but maybe they have a nice
panel or something to make worth all that money?
.
.