[Shotimes] One of Fifty

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:32:41 -0600

I was the one talking about the Illinois plates.

Yes you understand right, they are charging a modest premium
for a "Personalized" plate, that is what they call one you
request with any legal combination of numbers and letters.
The one time fee above the plate fee is $47.

A "Vanity" plate has a one-time fee of $94 and allows all
numbers from 0-999 only.  Or all letters from 4 letters
through 7 letters.

Again you CANNOT mix letters and numbers.  I have now
checked the SOS site to confirm this.

Here is the SOS web site:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/vehicles/license_plate_guide/home.html

Don Mallinson