[Shotimes] Re: Shotimes digest, Vol 1 #4345 - 12 msgs

Ben Bentley sho32@yahoo.com
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:08:32 -0800 (PST)

I know in Illinois, if you want to take over someone else's
plate even before it expires, there is a procedure. You
need a letter from the owner of the plate reliquishing it to
a specific person if you want. You can then HAND them the
plates and they just apply for a new sticker. Saves the
state postage and processing fees.

I have done this before.

Don-

This is no longer an option.  When I tranfered the title on my SHO from my parents name to my name a few years back there was nothing I could do to keep my SHO32 plate.  This was the reason my car switched from the SHO32 plate to SCSHO32 a few years back.  I have been thinking about trying to reapply for the plate to see if they would issue it to me again.  When I run the plate it still comes up but showes expired.

Ben