[Shotimes] Now I'm really screwed....speeding

cmichaelo@optonline.net cmichaelo@optonline.net
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:09:08 -0500

Went for a drive on the Taconic parkway sunday noon...with the SHO. Looked for cops at all the usual places.

Then came to the long bridge over reservoir...and decided to gun it.

In little time I was up at around 90mph at which point I noticed two cops up on the hill, at least 1000' feet away.

I slammed on the breaks and went behind another car, trying to sneak by the first cop.

The cop then started, ever so slowly, to enter the rightmost lane from the shoulder.  He caused all traffic to come to a 40mph crawl as he came out

I was wondering what he was doing, as inched closer and closer to him.

Then, like 10-20 feet before I reached him, his stuck his hand out and started looking meanly at me, and then proceeded to make a gesture with his pointer finger, which I interpreted to mean, "Get the hell into the rightmost shoulder, right now before I do something bad to you."

He then came up to the car, asked for L&R and left.  He didn't say why he stopped me.  Then he left.  Came back in an amazingly short time, like 5mins or so, and handed me two yellow slips. A traffic ticket and a "supporting deposition" slip.

I asked, stupidly, why he stopped me. He said, "Speeding. You were doing 104mph!". I said, "No way I was going that fast!" (less stupid). He said just one word, "Laser!", and walked away.

Got any legal advice for a moron here?

The deposition notice has the laser model listed. His writing is not very good.  Believe the model # is either ULTRL L47C(B) or maybe 4LTRL L47C(B).

Do you guys know anything about these lasers?  Like do I have a right to ask for calibrations data? Cause I think his laser is out of cal.

Michael
94MTX,green,BOS+,Koni/Intrax,Baer,Corbeau
SHO items for sale: http://hometown.aol.com/cmichaelo/for_sale.html