[Shotimes] Now I'm really screwed....speeding

cmichaelo@optonline.net cmichaelo@optonline.net
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:07:31 -0500

Diameter of the current tires is 645mm and stock is 664mm. That makes the current tires 1.03 times smaller and thus causes the speedometer to show a +3% higher velocity than actual.

I have to admit, I don't really trust the spedometer anymore. It has behaved weirdly lately.

I also wasn't watching the speedo closely. Not until I saw the cop did I actually look. And at that time I might have already let go of the speeder.

Several people have told me that often the cops evidence is not admissable in court.  Thus, if you really know what to ask him, you can win.

Like, I can imagine he didn't calibrate the laser above 100mph, thus he can't show this.

I also suspect he got me out of range.

Does any of you know if they use video or cameras in NY?  If not, I can make an even better case.

Isn't it also possible that he picked up reflections from the spokes on the rim, which in the upper portion of the rim moves faster than the car.

Michael
94MTX,green,BOS+,Koni/Intrax,Baer,Corbeau
SHO items for sale: http://hometown.aol.com/cmichaelo/for_sale.html