[Shotimes] Now I'm really screwed....speeding

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:38:25 -0600

Gee.... lying is great! Here's a suggestion, be a man! Don't admit anything
but don't lie either.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of John Stout
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:30 AM
To: shotimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Now I'm really screwed....speeding

1.  You need better glasses

2.  NEVER slam on the breaks, (you just admitted guilt) not too smart

3.  As soon as you saw the cop, you should have went to the shoulder, raised
the hood and acted scared as hell.  When the cop shows up, tell him you are
glad no one was hurt, the damn cruise control just went ballistic on its own
and was headed for the rev limiter,  then ask him POLITELY if the car
doesn't act right when you fire it up, could he call you a service truck. If
he writes a ticket after that, guaranteed the judge will pitch it.

cmichaelo@optonline.net wrote:
> Went for a drive on the Taconic parkway sunday noon...with the SHO. Looked
for cops at all the usual places.

> Then came to the long bridge over reservoir...and decided to gun it.
>
> In little time I was up at around 90mph at which point I noticed two cops
up on the hill, at least 1000' feet away.

> I slammed on the breaks and went behind another car, trying to sneak by
the first cop.

> The cop then started, ever so slowly, to enter the rightmost lane from the
shoulder. He caused all traffic to come to a 40mph crawl as he came out

> I was wondering what he was doing, as inched closer and closer to him.
>
> Then, like 10-20 feet before I reached him, his stuck his hand out and
started looking meanly at me, and then proceeded to make a gesture with his
pointer finger, which I interpreted to mean, "Get the hell into the
rightmost shoulder, right now before I do something bad to you."

> He then came up to the car, asked for L&R and left. He didn't say why he
stopped me. Then he left. Came back in an amazingly short time, like 5mins
or so, and handed me two yellow slips. A traffic ticket and a "supporting
deposition" slip.

> I asked, stupidly, why he stopped me. He said, "Speeding. You were doing
104mph!". I said, "No way I was going that fast!" (less stupid). He said
just one word, "Laser!", and walked away.

> F%$#!@ck it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Got any legal advice for a moron here?
>
> The deposition notice has the laser model listed. His writing is not very
good. Believe the model # is either ULTRL L47C(B) or maybe 4LTRL L47C(B).

> Do you guys know anything about these lasers? Like do I have a right to
ask for calibrations data? Cause I think his laser is out of cal.

> Michael
> 94MTX,green,BOS+,Koni/Intrax,Baer,Corbeau
> SHO items for sale: http://hometown.aol.com/cmichaelo/for_sale.html

John Stout
90 Titanium (Cone Killer) Back to everyday duty
05 Mazda 6 (Zoom Zoom)
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand
ready to do violence on their behalf.  Orwell