[Shotimes] Now I'm really screwed....speeding

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:42:06 -0600

The lazer beam doesn't spread out nearly as much as a radar
beam does, but it does spread.

I think they have proven that the beam can pick out one car
at typical distances.

Lazer is usually solidly mounted so they can get a good look
and steady reading.  At those distances the cars aren't
appearing to move much as they come towards the officer
(pretty much straight on) so they have time to aim and get a
reading.

Not saying you can't beat it, or shouldn't try, but lazer,
if done right by the cops is harder to beat than radar.

Don Mallinson