[Shotimes] 3.2 Conversion worth it?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:05:56 -0800 (PST)

I agree. The 89 I had with near or more than 300K on
the clock had a stronger running motor than the one in
my 93. Stronger than most stock SHO motors I've
driven.

The 93 parts car became a parts car because of a spun
bearing at 126K. I've heard noises, tapping and
knocking from my 93 3.0 starting around 90K. It's a
good engine but it's not bullet proof. Maintenance
plays a big factor in the longevity of any engine.

FWIW, that 93 3.2 that spun a bearing that I finally
laid to rest at 126K; the cylinder walls were worn
past spec. That's the imfamous block that was in my
apartment bedroom a few years ago. It's currently
rusting away in my garage until I can scrap it. I
can't use it.

Ian