[Shotimes] Another Question on Swap/ Mods

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:25:51 -0800 (PST)

I suppose it's all about your frame of reference and
what you feel makes a good engine.

It was well designed and a great engine in its day.
Today, it's still a good engine but I don't feel that
it's the "best". Little things about it bother me,
like the stupid timing cover arrangement. Why does one
need to disassemble the front of the motor just to
take a few covers off to replace a crank sensor? I
imagine that it's a Yamaha thing and not a Ford
packaging constraint.

I don't think the engine is very small and it's
definitely not lightweight. Off the top of my head,
the new Nissan VQ engines are quite good. Even the
Honda engines are rock solid. Hell, if this is open to
all engines, I am fairly impressed with almost every
Ferrari engine ever built.

Ian