[Shotimes] Now I'm really screwed....speeding

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:17:50 -0600

I do remember those articles.  I remember them saying that
the guns, at least in the beginning had to be mounted on a
tri-pod or at least rested on a solid base in order to get
any range at all.  across the arm would count.  And since
Radar is quite frequently mounted on a dash mount, I would
expect that laser has been too.  I can imagine that some
will try to just aim them like hand held radar gun but that
would work better for short range than long range.

IF they are hand-holding the laser in this instance, without
any sort of support, then maybe there is a case for not
being able to aim it accurately.

There isn't a lot of laser activity in my area of Illinois
and I rarely run into it anywhere except Chicago, and not
there much.

What I have seen has the gun either tri-pod mounted or at
least rested on the door or hood/top.  Because of the range,
they can set up a stationary location with a comfortable
stance for the operator and stay there for a while, usually
on an overpass where they can look a long ways down the road.

Those with a CB radio will about be the only ones to not get
nabbed!

Don Mallinson