[Shotimes] Advance Auto throw out bearing

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:08:25 -0500

looks like 1 and 3 are the same thing, just different manufacturers.
2 is the bearing and quill sleeve.  you need to do this if it has not
bene done already.  If you get the bearing and the sleve, and the
sleve is already there, no big deal.  There is no need to remove an
old sleeve and replace it.  The problem is that the steel of the t/o
bearing scores the quill sleeve that surrounds the input shaft of the
transmission.  This causes the t/o to stick on the sleve and give bad
clutch feel, and engagement.

the sleve is a metal (iirc, hardened steel) sleve that you pound over
the quill of the trans and gives a harder surface on which the t/o
bearing can ride, and not damage the surface.

PLus that seems to be the cheapest.